JOB LISTING: Associate Corporate Strategy & Development
DEPARTMENT/GROUP: VICE MEDIA
VICE started in 1994 as a newsprint monthly in Montreal & is now a global multiplatform youth media company that includes print, events, music, digital media, agency, scripted & non-scripted television, news & feature film divisions that operates in over 30 countries. For further information & additional background, please visit www.vice.com.
Vice Media is looking for a Manager of Corporate Strategy & Development to be responsible for assisting the Chief Strategy Officer & the Corporate Strategy team across the development, communication, planning & execution of strategic initiatives across corporate strategy, business development, corporate development & M&A. A successful candidate will bring to the team a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, ability to drive process, attention to detail, as well as strong communication & management skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoingassessment of industry andcompetitive landscape identifying key industry trends
- Work with business units todefine, formulate, develop, plan & execute new opportunities forgrowth through business development, corporate development & M&A initiatives
- Cultivate, develop & manage of a business & corporate development, investment, partnership andacquisition pipeline
- Drive quantitative & qualitative analysis for strategic initiatives
- Identify, asses & execute M&A, investments & partnership/joint-venture opportunities
- Manage execution including diligence, negotiations, structuring & integration
- Workwith internal corporate teams to document, finance & communicate deals
- Partner with leadership & outside service providers to support execution of key initiatives
- Work with business units to ensure business initiativesreflect corporate strategy
- Supporting the execution of strategic projects: project scoping & work planning, strategic analysis, formalization of recommendations, coordination of stakeholders
- Providing ad hoc strategic analysis to support decision making process of executive team
- Assist in the corporate strategic planning process across business units
- Advisory resource across organization onvarious key business issues & initiatives
- Monitor investments, partnerships/JVs for performance, etc.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Degree in Business / Finance
- Experience: Minimum 2-3 years' experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting or Corporate Finance with roles in strategy & mergers & acquisitions
- Industry: Experience in & passion for media, entertainment & digital media
QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Positive mindset, entrepreneurial spirit & ability to adapt
- Structured & analytical problem solver
- Strong business modeling skills, with a commitment to accuracy & credibility
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex insights simply & clearly articulate recommendations
- Ability to earn trust & work with different levels of stakeholders in various environments
- Eager to learn the key strategic levers in the industry
- Strong communication skills (memos & written presentations)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
VICE offers a comprehensive benefits & compensation package that is commensurate with experience & abilities.VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writers Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media & broadcast news.
VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writers Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media & broadcast news.