Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You have a background in communications and/or journalism & have experience crafting story angles, pitching media, & supporting a fast-moving communications function across speaking, awards, & thought leadership. You enjoy working cross functionally with executives, writers, editors, & designers, & can communicate effectively with key stakeholders. You have experience building & seeing strategic communications campaigns through to completion, & an innate ability to understand & predict news trends & coverage. Youre a confident communicator & supportive partner to company spokespeople across the organization. You enjoy working in a fast-growing environment & value being part of an energetic, fun, & creative team.
What Youll Do Here
As the second hire on the Communications team, youll join us as we build the foundation of communications at HomeLight & be responsible for supporting our entire function as we scale to support the company. Youll report to HomeLights Director of Strategic Communications & work with our Executive, Editorial, Product, & Growth teams to find new & innovative ways to grow HomeLights brand externally & drive awareness with top real estate agents across the country.
- Proactively secure media coverage for our company, team, users, & products in business, tech, trade, local, & broadcast media outlets.
- Support the development & testing of new strategic communications programs across the business.
- Collaborate on executive communications, thought leadership, & employment brand initiatives, including speaking & award strategies & applications, as well as preparing for, supporting, & staffing opportunities with company spokespeople.
- Conduct media research & stay informed with the ever-evolving proptech landscape that could impact our communications strategy.
- Track media coverage & help create monthly reports for stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of communications experience, preferably in real estate and/or technology, either in-house or at an agency.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal, with a deep passion for writing whether thats pitches, blog posts, bylines, or social media posts
- Keen understanding of communications & PR, with a proven ability to work cross functionally & build lasting relationships both internally & externally.
- Experience supporting executive communications & thought leadership initiatives.
- Excellent attention to detail, with superior time & project management skills.
- Passion for proactively identifying new story ideas, pitch angles, & seeing them through to completion.