Due to COVID19 Okta is currently working entirely remotely in accordance to the UK government guidelines, as a result it is likely that when you join Okta your first few months will be based from home until we receive further guidance that is safe to return to the office. Your health & safety is our number one priority.
Position Description: Oktas Business Development Representatives are high energy professionals that drive the demand, awareness, & interest for Oktas market-leading cloud software. Its common for the BDR to be the first person from Okta that a prospective buyer talks to. Significant time will be spent making phone calls, drafting emails, working within the CRM database & using technology to research sales leads. You will partner & collaborate closely with members of our Sales & Marketing teams to generate qualified sales leads, set meetings, & uncover new sales opportunities.
As an Okta BDR you will be responsible for:
- Researching & contacting prospective buyers, primarily by phone, making 80+ dials per day
- Following-up, educating, developing & qualifying a substantial volume of inbound marketing generated leads to progress prospects further into the Okta buying process
- Utilizing active listening skills to understand & uncover customer needs & business problems to effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue & growth objectives
- Leverage social networking tools in addition to other tools for sales prospecting & networking
- Using Salesforce & other tools to track all activities & engagements with prospects effectively
- Other projects as needed
You would be a great fit for the role if you have:
- Fluency in French
- Strong interest in technology & sales
- Willingness & ability to cold-call sales leads & contacts
- Interpersonal & communication skills, both written & verbal
- Some experience with database data entry is a plus (for example, Salesforce.com)
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated & coachable
- Determined, team player with a can-do attitude & professional demeanor
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing & making a positive impact in our local communities. Apply now to continue the conversation & speak with one of our recruiters!
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.