Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful & financial results for Visa clients. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operations & technology, VCA solves strategic problems & identifies opportunities for Visa's issuers, acquirers & merchants.
The Consultant will report to the Visa Central Europe Consulting team, working transversally across Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Netherlands to deliver projects for Visa clients in the payments domain. The Consultant will work towards the team's goals & assist in the delivery of detailed data gathering, analysis, insight & practical recommendations to enable successful delivery of client projects.
Furthermore, the Consultant might be also responsible for delivering internal projects, analysis & reports for internal use.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manages and/or supports the sales/delivery of consulting projects, ensuring the project achieves the required outcomes to a defined deadline.
- Develops & maintains the project plan, content scope & final deliverables for larger projects namely;
- Prepare presentations & reports
- Conduct data analysis
- Review relevant reports & information sources
- Conduct benchmarking from different internal/external sources & desktop research
- Effectively communicate & liaise project findings with internal & external stakeholders at various levels of seniority & function
- Supports the Senior Consultant & Managing Consultant to source new work & may occasionally be involved in independently selling new small projects. Liaises with other parts of the Visa Europe business, where appropriate, for projects scoping & completion (e.g. the RM, BD & sales team).
- Serves as a day-to-day client contact, regularly liaising with clients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identifies process improvements including repeatable & scalable solutions & shares knowledge & expertise with team members as required.
- Delivers reports & presentations communicating recommended approaches, often with the support of Consultants & Analysts in preparing these deliverables.
What we're after...
- BS/BA is required (preferably economics, finance or business), or have equivalent professional experience
- Previous consulting experience (preferably client-facing experience)
- Willingness to travel an estimated 10 - 20% of time within the Central Europe Region & European territories upon short notice
- Strong Business Analysis Skills (research & analyse market & client information to tell a story)
- Experience in using agile methods would be beneficial (i.e. Design Thinking, Lean-Start-up, Scrum)
- Commercial Acumen - being able to spot an opportunity & drive value for Visa & the Client
- Self-starter & attention to detail
- Knowledge of the payments business and/or financial services (financial technology will be a plus)
- Knowledge & understanding of innovation driving the digital banking & retail industries
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at various levels within the business
- Excellent (creative) PowerPoint skills
- Excellent report writing skills (ability to tell a simple story' involving complex issues)
- Knowledge of Visa Products, services & transaction flows
- Excellent understanding of transactional data, Visa data & alternative data sources
- Advanced data skills (ability to use Excel, databases & data manipulation including SQL)
- Fluent in Written & spoken German & English
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.