Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving the legal challenges for a fast-growing company in the technology sector.
We are looking for an exceptional lawyer with a strong background & experience in software, infrastructure or related technology businesses. The Senior Technology Counsel will have responsibility for providing advice & assistance across a wide variety of critical legal & business matters both in the U.S. & abroad.
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral member of a small but growing legal team.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Negotiating & drafting technology-related licensing, services & other commercial agreements.
- Working closely with relevant business units on the legal aspects of product development, marketing programs & technology initiatives.
- Advising on the implementation & enforcement of the companys data privacy, security & legal/regulatory policies & protections.
- Partnering closely with our trust & safety team on responding to litigation, law enforcement, IP & other compliance matters.
- Advising on domestic & international strategic partnerships & M&A.
- Managing the companys IP portfolio & advising on the companys IP strategies.
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree.
- J.D. from a nationally-accredited law school & license to state bar.
- 5-7 years of experience working on technology transactions & IP-related matters. In-house experience (particularly IaaS or SaaS) strongly preferred, & deep knowledge of legal issues relating to open source technology, data privacy & security required.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task & work collaboratively across all levels of a fast-growing international organization.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.