We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for SaaS Operations Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As SaaS Ops Engineer, you are responsible for administering SaaS & Client platform technologies. You have expertise in SaaS administration including GSuite, O365, SSO, AD, etc, as well as Client Platforms including Mac, Windows. You are passionate about solving problems & helping internal customers. You like to continuously look for ways to improve all aspects of IT processes by looking for ways to automate & deploy innovative repeatable processes.
What youll do:
- Partner with IT, Security, & Engineering teams to support, deploy, & maintain secure system infrastructure, SaaS ecosystem & Client Platforms aligned to internal standards & industry best practices
- Perform administration activities across our environments including servers, end user client devices & SaaS applications such as GSuite, O365, Okta, Slack, Bluejeans, WSO, etc.
- Serve as the primary escalation channel for support-related technical issues
- Develop, refine & support end user device management with a structured process around patching,
testing & deploying upgrades.
- Proactively monitor SaaS applications & infrastructure, aggressively communicate & help
troubleshoot any issues as appropriate
- Participate in on-call incident response rotation
- Coordinate activities with cross-functional stakeholders to plan scheduled maintenance or updates
- Develop & maintain clear & thorough technical documentation as it pertains to operating
procedures, change management, inventories, etc.
- Perform other tasks as requested & prioritized by the TechOps Manager
What youll need:
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills
- 5-8+ years of system engineering experience in a fast-paced global environment
- 2+ years of experience & expert level knowledge in maintaining Linux systems & open-source