Lets get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins & protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin & protein recommendation based on their diet & health goals goodbye, guesswork! We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations & thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 & is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, & Juxtapose.
Our Engineering Team:
As a team, we live by & work by our values: be honest, be humble, be thoughtful, & be different; we are building a platform & creating products that we truly believe in & reflect our strong core values. Our engineering team is small but mighty, the fifteen of us collaborate closely & work together to build our user-facing website & app & our fulfillment tech. If any of this excites you, why not say hello?
What youll do:
- Build delightful experiences for our customers & Impact revenue by writing high-quality software from inception to execution to deployment
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work & delivering with the most appropriate solution
- Work in various levels of the web & mobile UI development stacks using Ruby on Rails & Node.js
- Work closely with design to ensure functional, interaction, & design requirements are met before launch
Who you are:
- Familiarity with Docker, cloud based infrastructure, CI/CD
- A team player who is interested being a part of a highly functioning team whose success you value over individual achievements
- Appetite to learn new stuff
Extra carrots :
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- DevOps experience, especially with Heroku, GitHub, EC2, S3, Redshift, Segment
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If youre submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + equity because youre part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when youd rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness & commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins & protein
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, were committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential & support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe & inclusive place for our team to think differently & push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work & have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate & will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability & require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.