Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Manager to join our Business Development team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
This role supports business development & solution efforts for +Oscar, Oscar's tech-driven platform business, by conducting research & analysis to inform opportunities, coordinating account plans & daily partnership activities for active deals, & leading work streams of partners to develop solutions for partners based on client needs & +Oscar offerings.
You will report to the VP, Business Development.This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York office & part of the time working remotely.
- Lead analysis of prospects to set pitch strategy & support pitch meetings
- Manage daily partnership activities for essential business opportunities
- Lead development of account plan for active deals
- Build relationships with equivalent counterparts at target partners
- Guide development of solutions for potential partners based on the partner's need & +Oscar's offerings, working closely with internal Subject Matter Experts & external partners
- Manage solutioning efforts across multiple partners & departments; ensure teams are tracking to deliverable timelines
- Support negotiations for active deals; partner with Legal to support term sheet development
- Manage transition from solutioning to Implementation team for signed clients
- Lead research on trends & competitive intelligence to inform business opportunities
- Summarize insights from external discussions & report out to Oscar team members to inform prospecting approach, content strategy & solution commercialization
- A bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
- 6+ years of relevant work experience with 3+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships or business solutions
- Experience in business development, strategic partnerships or business solutions
- Experience working in healthcare (including healthcare technology or SaaS companies or with payers or providers)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.