CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great intern.
We are looking for a paid Undergraduate Intern to support our underwriting team during peak season for our in-school loan product. The day-to-day for this internship will consist primarily of reviewing aspects of our loan applications to ensure that loans meet all the requirements of our originations model. By the summers end, youll have significant hands-on experience in the financial technology space & a deep understanding of a consumer financial product. If youre looking for a fast-paced summer experience, have an interest in fintech, & meet the qualifications below, wed love to speak with you! The internship runs from May to August (specific dates are flexible according to your academic calendar).
As an Undergraduate Intern, you will:
- Master our loan origination process & review loan documents
- Help us improve our proprietary software platform by identifying bugs & communicating issues to underwriting analysts, product managers, & engineers
- Learn basic data analytics in SQL (well teach you!)
Heres what wed like to see in your background:
- Enrolled full-time in a Bachelors degree program with demonstrated excellence in academics (if you have a great GPA or test score, let us know!)
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to engage with & own repetitive work
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Customer-centric mindset & interest in fintech
Where: CommonBond Headquarters, SoHo, NYC
Length: 9 weeks
How to apply:
If youre up for the challenge, wed love to hear from you. Please apply below by providing your resume & answering the following questions listed in the application below.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.