BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed UK is looking for a thoughtful, strategic Content Operations & Production Coordinator to assist in overseeing its branded programmes. In this highly collaborative role, you will ensure that our content is planned & produced to the highest possible standards, kept within scope, & aligned with BuzzFeed UKs goals.
This is a full-time position based in our London office, reporting to our Sr. Manager, Content Operations & Production for BuzzFeed UK.
- Help ensure resources are optimised, revenue is supported, & work is kept in scope
- Help build/manage timelines for dedicated projects
- Assist with our internal translations process on global projects
- Maintain & update internal documents & databases
- Oversee freelance invoices & contracts
- Collaborate with other members of the Ops, Content, & Sales teams on ongoing initiatives
- Maintain a database of production freelance personnel, including casting directors, cinematographers, camera operators, hair & make-up artists, production assistants, & other crew positions, at various price points, with various degrees of experience
- Maintain relationships with production companies, to which entire projects can be outsourced
- Create production budgets for prospective & active projects
- Organize, inventory, & resource all company-owned production equipment, including camera bodies, lenses, lights, audio equipment, & peripherals
- Coordinate the production studio schedule to minimise double-bookings
- Source & hire production freelancers on a project basis
- Ensure that UK staffers follow the established project wrap & archiving process
- Ensure that branded productions are prioritised whilst also supporting editorial video output
- Maintain a database of freelance editors, at various price points, with various degrees of experience
- Book assistant editors, editors, colourists, post-sound mixers, & other freelance personnel, as needed
- Organize, inventory, & resource all company-owned post-production equipment, including computers, harddrives, & peripherals
- Work with operations leads to double-check post-production timelines for feasibility
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at an agency, media/publishing company, production company, or startup
- A deep understanding of branded content
- Experience working with, speaking with, and/or managing clients
- A strong working knowledge of video pre-production, production, & post-production
- A strong comfort level prioritising & managing a high volume of work
- The ability to work autonomously & in teams
- High emotional intelligence & the capacity to collaborate with diverse working styles
- Knowledge of web integration tools, Google Sheets, Movie Magic, Premiere & Photoshop. After Effects & frame.io a plus
- A scrappy, creative problem-solver a hunger to get things done
- A "no haters!" philosophy
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.