Thrillist is seeking a highly creative & multi-disciplined Senior Creative to develop an unparalleled body of work that brings the brand to life in dynamic & interesting ways & builds a rabid fanbase for Thrillist video content. This position is a hybrid role including conceptualization, writing, producing, directing & editing. We are looking for a soup-to-nuts artist with a comprehensive understanding all aspects of the video creative development process who can significantly elevate the quality, creativity & impact of our video work.
- Conceptualize, write & pitch Thrillist video ideas across all platforms - includingshort / mid form series, quick turn social videos, integrated projects & long form 3rd party opportunities.
- Produce, direct & edit a combination of awarded & assigned video projects, with a flexible attitude to jump into any project in any creative capacity as needed to help shape it.
- Mentor team of editors in finding creative ways to elevate & bring a unique POV to Thrillist video.
- Work closely & brainstorm constantly with development & team of producers, editors, shooters & other hybrid creatives to bring the best ideas to life.
- Live & breathe the brand mission, with a laser focus on creating innovative work that drives the brand forward in meaningful ways & builds audience passion & loyalty.
- Liaise with audience development to gain insights that can help inform creative concepts & fully understand audience behavior & best practices across YouTube & other platforms. Be able to identify & translate learnings from video performance where needed to pivot & workshop creative approach.
- Develop deep bench of collaborators to engage with in creating best-in-class video - including on-camera talent, directors, filmmakers, shooters, artists & any other creative support functions.
- Build relationships with written editorial team to tap into their expertise & relationships to help inform & shape the most compelling, on brand video projects.
- Work closely with Head of Video & Chief Content Officer on big picture brand strategy, major company tentpoles & overall creative approach -- always iterating & developing new & innovative ways to approach video.
- 7+ years of experience in telling compelling stories in video
- Deep understanding of all aspects of the video creative development process from ideation through execution.
- Big conceptual thinker who can bring in new & innovative ideas
- Passion for collaboration someone who loves workshopping concept with others & building great work together
- Highly organized: Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, & communicate progress
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Adaptable & able to get things done with limited resources
- Passion for & deep understanding of the Thrillist brand & core content pillars (Food + Drink, Travel, & Entertainment)
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.