ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a full-time Senior UX Researcher to join our UX team. The Senior UX Researcher will work closely with Product Designers, Product Managers & Engineers to build simple user centered digital experiences. The right person will be comfortable balancing out tactical research to improve all elements of our existing customers experience while advocating for proactive generative research initiatives.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineers & customer support team to define & prioritize research needs in a fast-moving environment.
- Design & conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing both quantitative & qualitative methods such as A/B testings, surveys, ethnographic/field research, diary studies, user/usability testing (remote & in-person), & any other methods you find impactful.
- Accommodate business & technical constraints when planning & communicating research.
- Review, analyze, & communicate quantitative & qualitative data to generate tactical & strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation & design improvements for users.
- Mentor novice members of our team into UX research assistants or junior researchers.
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, & speak up when support & guidance is needed.
You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves & gets their hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are know for making sense of ambiguity, amazing storytelling, & an obsession with perfection.
As the ideal candidate:
- You emotionally connect with customers
- You are able to select research/test methods that achieve the most insightful results within budget & time constraints
- You Start with Why - You understand how to ask the right questions to get data that uncovers critical insights
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun & fast-paced environment
- You inspire others to aim for bigger, bolder & smarter
- Someone who is obsessively detail-oriented, a self-starter, & an aficionado of iterating
- You are intimately familiar with user-centered design principles, UX best practices, & heuristics
- You have experience conducting rapid & effective research in a startup environment
- You have the ability to develop bulletproof in-person interview script & simultaneously prepare to go completely off-script when speaking with a passionate user.
- You have worked with web & mobile products
- Strong listening, analytical, & organizational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication & presentation skills
- 4+ years of experience with Product organizations, conducting quantitative & qualitative UX research independently
- BA/BS in human-computer interaction, psychology, anthropology, sociology, cognitive science or related field.
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Proven ability to make smart decisions about how & when to apply research methods based on solid understanding of their benefits & tradeoffs.
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Strong experience driving results with mobile platforms
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, & statistical concepts
- Working knowledge of statistics & experimental research design
- Some experience with SQL or either R or Python is a big plus
- Design thinking methods & brainstorm facilitation