As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Acquirer Solutions is an important initiative for our acquiring partners & to Visa. As our partners continue to recognize the value that the CyberSource Digital Platform brings to them through enabling them to deliver critical capabilities that their clients are demanding by leveraging Visa's ongoing investments. The Business Development role is an integral part of our group & will architect successful partnerships that will drive revenues & accelerate solution distributing deals.
- Conduct business development with Financial Institutions, Acquirers, & Processors to expand Visa services aimed at helping acquirers & partners meet merchant & market needs.
- Design & construct complex analytical frameworks to make decisions & identify business & operational opportunities & risks; create strategic, business & financial rationale & analytics in support of commercial deals
- Create compelling presentations summarizing deal terms & strategic fit for executive review
- Negotiate commercial deals & terms with senior executives at potential partners
Utilize & manage internal & external service providers (legal, finance/accounting, banking, consulting)
- Lead cross-functional due diligence efforts with prospective partners, including financial, product, technical & systems assessment
- Maintain effective communication & relationships with a variety of global constituents throughout a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Drive discussions & seek input from relevant constituencies to reach consensus on significant decisions
- In collaboration with Visa technology partner business development teams, design & execute tri-party commercial deals between Visa, its acquiring partners, & its technology partners
This position has office location options for any Visa USA office / Telecommute.
- 10 years of progressively responsible business experience with 5+ years' experience managing strategic relationships with financial services & technology solution providers
- Extensive worldwide knowledge of the payment, risk management & payment security industry, including card, alternative & local payment processing
- Significant experience managing commercial deals through the entire lifecycle; exceptional deal management, deal structuring, negotiation & leadership skills; ability to structure key terms & conditions to accommodate specific risks & constraints; demonstrated ability managing referral pipelines with partners
- Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional (e.g. product, sales, strategy, marketing) & cross-regional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a partner's C-level executives to present Visa's strategic vision & negotiate effectively on behalf of the company
- Ability to work independently within a complex & often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders & to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor addressing a wide variety of functional business problems
Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses & industry experience
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills & the proven ability to influence & communicate effectively across regional & functional lines
- Bachelor's degree, language skills a plus, advanced degree(s) a plus
- Available to travel up to 50%, some international
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.