The Backend Platform engineering teams provide the platforms & set development standards for all backend engineers. These platforms are used by all product engineering teams to develop features quickly & provide an amazing experience for our customers, making this a high visibility & high impact role. In this role, you will report to an Engineering Manager on Backend Platform.
This is a hybrid role in our NY office.
As a Platform Software Engineer, you will:
- Participate in & lead platform level architecture discussions & decisions
- Improve the developer experience for other engineers that use the platform
- Write testable, readable, & maintainable code, with automated tests
- Collaborate with other engineers & teams to ensure the seamless rollout of platform optimizations
- Set coding standards & collaborate with other engineers & teams to ensure the successful adoption of best practices
This role is a good fit for you if you:
- Want to work on platform scalability, reliability, & performance
- Have been programming production systems in Java or any other OOL for at least a year
- Are curious & ask a lot of questions to understand why things are the way they are
- Are passionate about code quality
- Have experience or an interest in optimizing inefficient APIs, code paths, or database queries
- Have experience or an interest in building or working with data streaming or processing pipelines
There are multiple roles on Backend Platform, so if you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the above qualifications.
What you can expect from us
Your team & manager will:
- Create an inclusive environment that's psychologically safe & encourages learning
- Mentor & guide you through navigating & understanding the codebase
- Work with you to build a personalized career growth plan with clear expectations & milestones
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.