About the role
The Logistics Assistant will develop & oversee the day to day relationships with our logistics or transportation partners (freight forwarders, carriers, customs brokers & 3PL) in supporting the EU business.
You will assist with implementing the necessary logistics strategy & infrastructure for future product, territory & brand growth. You will partner with our Customer Experience, planning, sourcing, R&D, accounting, commercial & DTC teams to ensure best in class customer experience, while continuously improving & optimizing our logistics operations. Youll also help monitor, manage, compile & report out logistics business metrics to internal & external audiences.
And as this role is cross-functional in its nature, we are looking for someone who will be a great cultural fit, joining the ~60-person EU team & contributing to its fun, small-office startup culture. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
About the team
The EU Supply Chain team has recently been brought under dedicated geographic leadership to lead the team through the exciting phase of EU expansion. The regional team comprises Planning, Sourcing, Distribution & Local Logistics. This team partners extensively with the commercial & supporting functions in supporting the EU business & customer needs.
There are also functional teams for each area based in New York, who oversee global systems & strategy, but also provide functional best-practice & support to the local team. The Global Distribution & Logistics team, based in New York CIty, oversees the flow of our product from point of supply/manufacturer to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global supply chain network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders. We are part of the global end-to-end supply chain team that seeks to improve its efficiency, cost, speed & flow of its supply functions.
What youll do
- Partner with the Customer Experience team to understand customer sentiment, data & brand impact of the EU Logistics network
- Continue to develop our logistics partner relationships to build a best in class logistics framework in the EU
- Serve as voice of customer to our logistics partners
- Manage & monitor ongoing performance of logistics metrics (i.e. on-time delivery & compliance metrics)
- Enhance & maintain our logistics cost model
- Identify & implement logistics cost optimization initiative within Harrys supply chain by using continuous improvement or lean tools
- Be the voice of logistics within the regional Supply Chain team, & 3PL partners
- Manage logistics inputs for new product introductions
- Run ad hoc & regular reporting to report on Logistics KPIs or performance
- Audit freight invoices & contribute to budgetary decisions
- Manage day to day logistics operations, flagging exceptions before they become issues
- Proactively monitor the logistics network to ensure smooth operations
This should describe you
- Numerically & analytically minded - strong in building out models or telling a story in Excel
- Strong attention to detail. You are comfortable going deep into the weeds while always considering the bigger picture
- Sense of urgency: bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, & self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable making informed decisions with imperfect or incomplete information
- You are an active learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around
- You are customer focused - always looking to see a challenge through the eyes of our customers
- Process oriented. Whether youre creating a process or following a process, you believe process is not a substitute for (but rather a conduit for) great communication
- Strong, proactive & effective communication, teamwork, problem-solving, & interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task & prioritize
- Understanding of supply chain product flow
- At least 2 years experience working within DTC logistics functions
Heres who youll work with
- Reporting to Senior Supply Chain Manager, EU
- You will work cross functionally in London with many teams including but not limited to DTC, Sourcing, Planning, Analytics, Customer Experience, Accounting, as well as globally with the Global Logistics, IT, Engineering, Supply Chain, R&D, & Quality teams
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.