WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Director of Demand Forecasting team will drive efforts to forecast & manage the evolving demand for our companys products. The Demand Forecasting team will work towards improving all aspects of forecasting demand, including refinement & development of both near term & long term models, interacting with key business stakeholders, & actively managing demand on a weekly basis. Members of this team will work closely with the Operations, Finance, & Analytics teams to interpret customer habits & preferences, & will also interface with many other stakeholders in the organization to optimally connect supply considerations with demand. Candidates will be motivated self-starters with highly analytical quantitative experience, comfortable with navigating & manipulating large models as well as thinking through new questions that frequently arise in a fast-moving environment. They will also possess strong verbal & communications skills, required in interfacing with varied project teams across the company. They will shape the direction & efforts of this new Demand Planning team, ultimately improving the predictability & visibility of the companys demand.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Support COO, CRO & other company executives in understanding, forecasting, & managing demand in an emerging industry
- Work directly with ML, Finance, Analytics, & Business team to maintain & improve forecasting models & methodology
- Identify, prioritize, structure, & analyze ad hoc analyses about the businesss demand, customers, & business operations to answer questions & integrate insights in the forecasting process
- Lead & facilitate large discussions around Demand Planning topics ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences is a must
- Interface with cross-functional teams across the company, with both the confidence & self-awareness to garner consensus around solutions
- Exceptional academic record with degree from top tier college or university
- Minimum of 7+ years work experience in related fields
- Superior analytical skills & statistical modeling capabilities
- Exceptional project & people management skills
- Strong executive-level presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.