Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Accounting Manager, you will partner with our Senior Accounting Manager in analyzing various P&L & balance sheet items & leading the further development of accounting systems & processes. The Accounting Manager will work towards implementing more efficient payables processes for the company. This individual will oversee a senior accountant, & will co-own the monthly close process, our annual financial audit, tax registrations & filings, & more. The Accounting Manager will have a solid technical accounting background, possess a strong understanding of accounting systems & module flow, & work to improve processes, policies, & procedures as we expand nationally.
- Develop, implement, & document accounting systems & processes & play a lead role in planning for & integrating new acquisitions.
- Be responsible for several aspects of new pharmacy openings, including tax setup, & tracking of monthly revenue, & expenses.
- Assist with monthly corporate accounting close & generation of the financial reporting package & provide detailed analysis & ensure monthly reconciliations are performed for various balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain Roll Forward Schedules & participate in financial statements audit.
- Partner with an external tax team to ensure tax compliance work is performed in a timely manner & work with state & local tax agencies to set up new locations for relevant taxes & licenses.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have 7-8 years of experience with at least 4-5 years of accounting experience in a high-growth startup. Audit experience a plus but not required
- You have a Bachelors in Accounting or Finance (Masters degree in Accounting/Finance a plus but not required)
- You have a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Excel & detailed knowledge of accounting principles.
- You possess critical thinking, analytical, interpretative, & problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, & demonstrated an ability to deliver high-quality work.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills & work with a sense of urgency & ability to meet tight deadlines.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.