At Tanium, we care deeply about ensuring we support our customers business objectives for many years, & that we continue to offer them value so that they continue to do business with us. The Customer Engagement team is comprised of two smaller teams: 1) the Customer Experience team that works cross functionally to improve the customer lifecycle, gather customer feedback at scale, & better design the customer experience to reduce sources of friction & potential churn & 2) the Customer Engagement Directors, comprised of proactive, relationship-oriented individuals who work directly with customers to ensure their business outcomes are successful & that they continue to renew with Tanium.
Your ultimate goal is to ensure Tanium is delivering business value to customers & they are renewing year-over-year. You will do this by building trust & strong relationships to become the voice of the customer, working to anticipate problems before they start & generating solutions to mitigate them, & working cross-functionally to rally the right people, processes, & tools inside of Tanium to better support our customers.
You will be working with Taniums Public Sector customers including federal civilian agencies, the Department of Defense, & state & local governments, & education systems.
What youll do:
- Own, drive, & lead the renewals process in collaboration with the account team to preserve & improve customer contracts & relationships:
- Manage a book of business including some of the following activities: Success Planning, quarterly EBRs, prioritization, customer marketing content, product feedback, & more
- Actively engage with key decision makers (customers, partners, Tanium leaders) to identify customer requirements & uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time commitments
- Evaluate the products, solutions, & services currently in a customer's network to help the customer achieve business objectives/goals & explain the value of the products, solutions & services to meet business objectives (to customers & partners)
- Create customer-focused Success Plans & work cross functionally with teams (including DSAs, TSEs, TAMs, Support Center, Customer Marketing) to deliver on these Plans
- Contribute to building customer champions that evangelize the value of Tanium within the customer
- Negotiate & execute renewal contracts that align to customer goals
- Work with Deal Desk & Sales Ops on renewal transactions, pricing, negotiations, licensing
- Interpret the implications of key financial terms (such as CAPEX, OPEX) on customer procurement options & buying motions
- Discover & identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth
- Communicate risk clearly & take the lead in developing resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate; own reporting & data management on customers, risk, & outcomes
- Serve as the voice of the customer & collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- Understands & constantly works to improve the customer journey, the customer lifecycle, & renewal cycle
- Set customers up for future success by curating use-case recommendations & educating customers on relevant new features & opportunities to grow with Tanium
Contribute to your team by:
- Achieving company goals by making data-driven decisions within your span of control to improve performance
- Driving innovation within Tanium by ensuring creative ideas derived from within your area get the executive visibility they deserve
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- MBA/MS/MA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years in Account Management, Renewals/Retention, Customer Success, Customer Experience, preferably in SaaS or a similar industry
- Contract management, licensing, procurement, pricing, negotiation, & sales operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated direct customer engagement activities for enterprise solutions (software, services, & SaaS) in public sector & commercial businesses
- Understanding & navigating government procurement vehicles, contracting process
- Working with, partnering with, & jointly developing partner teaming in various public sector settings for specific customers
- Military experience is a plus
- Department of Homeland Security experience is a plus
- Understanding of CDM & NIST Framework is a plus
- Experience working with state & local governments & education systems is a plus
- Discovery, negotiation, & closing: Obsesses over value & return on investment while also understanding how to drive outcomes that satisfy both parties. Is not satisfied until the deal is in.
- Organized & accountable: Detail-and big-picture oriented, with strong project management skills keeping all parties informed & stakeholders tracking to the same goal of customer satisfaction & retention
- Empathy & an outside in mentality: Intuitive listener with ability to translate & communicate customer priorities, business objectives, process & operational challenges into proposed solutions/options using Tanium
- Strategic thinking: Understands the broader corporate initiatives & how they apply to their team & their customers. Has mastered the ability to translate strategic goals to tactical action in order to achieve the desired results.
- Communication; have mastered executive communication, particularly with customers, & demonstrate emotional intelligence, & patience, in all forms of communication. Anticipate blockers & delays, & communicate appropriately before requiring escalation. Also analyze whether tasks are the highest & best use of time & practices the redirecting of erroneous requests to re-focus on tasks that will accomplish the key business objectives.
- Teamwork & Influencing: is a master at building cross-functional relationships & has strong influencing skills, working effectively with customer, partner, & Tanium leadership. Is able to work in a team environment to present logical & compelling arguments to enhance innovation & efficiencies & build processes to improve the customer experience & retention.
- Thrives in an ambiguous, fast paced, currently loosely defined & constantly evolving environment
- Technically astute. Able to understand majority of large enterprise IT & Security concepts
- Travel up to 30% within regional territory (Covid-19 guidelines permitting)
- Security clearance is a plus (or ability to gain security clearance)
- Working for a software company that has transitioned its business model & customers from on-premise to SaaS delivery model a plus
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/