Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in software development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Business Intelligence Analyst designs reports & builds data-driven processes to support all the work that GA does, from making day-to-day operations more efficient in ensuring the long-term growth of the company.
One of GAs seven work values is the mantra, Always bring data to the conversation, which reflects the important role that data plays in every decision. The data team is not only responsible for making sure that GAs data solutions are speedy, intelligent, user-friendly & accessible to employees across the organization, but also works closely with GAs leadership team, providing them with data-driven insights that drive greater business performance & strategy.
The data team at GA is made up of a Director of Data, a Senior Staff Engineer, two Senior Data Engineers, two Data Engineers, two BI Analysts (one of which is you), & a Technical Project Manager. You will report directly to the Director of Data. Our current technology stack in data engineering mostly consists of Redshift, Python, SQL, Looker, & an open-source event-based data pipeline that provides us with real-time data.
The Business Intelligence team at GA is a small team with significant latitude to solve problems & build scalable solutions. For that reason, this position would appeal to a strong analyst with enthusiasm to learn & grow in an organization whose mission is to empower individuals to do the work they love.
Candidates should have advanced analytical skills, be highly organized, & possess the strong communication skills necessary to work with many different people & teams at GA, often leading high-impact, high-visibility projects. Strong candidates will have experience adapting to the evolving needs of a high-growth B2C & B2B business & creating pragmatic & innovative solutions to complex business problems.
Our expectations for the role & your responsibilities are
- Partner closely with leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects & programs that accelerate organizational growth, efficiency, & provide data-driven solutions that scale.
- Build a strong internal network of subject matter experts & data advocates who can help drive effective change.
- Conduct analyses to gain deeper insights into sales performance drivers & assist with initiatives to drive efficiency & productivity; use historical data & leading indicators, like lead generation, to set sales targets.
- Work with the business to develop & manage dashboards & reports; maintain & report on key sales metrics & other reporting tools.
- Identify the best data sources to use to answer a given question, & work with data engineers & stakeholders to connect & validate that data.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, admissions, & finance to determine what data they need to make decisions, so they can ensure the smooth operation of the business & consistent achievement of an operational plan & growth goals.
- 6+ years of data analyst experience & a problem-solving mindset.
- Confident with end to end data workflows: analysis, reporting, & presenting results in a compelling way.
- Strong proficiency in SQL (Redshift / Postgres preferred), both for ad hoc analysis & data modeling for analytical reporting.
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Experience with forecasting, benchmarking, & other analytical reporting.
- Proven ability to develop new skills & acquire necessary domain knowledge.
- Strong communication skills & empathy to understand stakeholder challenges.
- Comfortable finding & validating data in undocumented systems.
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques & technologies
- Comfortable presenting & engaging with cross-functional teams & leadership.
- Strong organization skills & ability to prioritize competing initiatives.
- Experience with sales funnels, CRM, & end-to-end customer journey data.
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
Who can apply?
- USA: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, MI, MN, NC, NH, NY, OR, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA, DC, WI, WV, & VA