DataRobot is looking for talented engineers focused on secure cloud based systems, with a strong background in Linux, programming, & distributed computing to help deliver the most advanced machine learning capabilities into the most challenging customer environments.
We at DataRobot accelerate the process of building, deploying, & managing predictive models to get the most out of valuable data. We work hard to create tools that novice data scientists can use effectively while also exposing the rich detail & control that data science veterans rely on. Our headquarters is in Boston & we have offices across the world.
As a Platform Security Engineer you will:
- Build & enhance the frameworks & tools we use to build, test, configure, & ship DataRobot services to our cloud environments & our on-premise customers
- Improve & integrate core systems & services, including logging, monitoring, security, & administration
- Partner with operations & engineering teams to implement & tune cloud-native security monitoring, tooling & reporting
- Reduce cloud & infrastructure vulnerabilities across all DataRobot cloud assets
- Participate in secure architecture reviews covering legacy & new technologies
- Perform regular risk assessments across cloud systems
- Be a change agent by recommending best practices for all DataRobot cloud systems
- Manage individual projects & milestones with abundant communication of progress
- Seek, give, & receive constructive feedback to teammates through code & specification reviews
- 2+ years working with containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes) & cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience with infrastructure & operations techniques to ensure systems are in compliance with FedRamp, PCI, HIPAA, SOC 2 or FISMA.
- 2+ years building & maintaining production environments & services
- 2+ years developing applications, automation, or tools, preferably in Python
- Linux experience: troubleshooting, scripting, familiarity with multiple distributions
- Effective verbal & written communication
- Knowledge of security principles (confidentiality, integrity, availability)
- Desire to learn whatever it takes to drive a project to completion
- Experience delivering software to both SaaS & on-premise environments
- Experience with DevSecOps & integrating security into pipelines.
- Knowledge of SANS/CWE Top 25, OWASP Top 10 Proactive Controls & Application Security principals.
- Configuration management tools, like Ansible or Puppet
- Server provisioning systems, e.g., Terraform
- Experience developing automation for CI/CD
- Expertise in Linux packaging & build tool