Founded in 2010, CLEARs mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 12+ million members & hundreds of partners across the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - making everyday experiences easier, more secure, & more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right. Members are always in control of their own information, & we never sell member data.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be instrumental in driving the next generation of current & future Digital Identity products. You will be part of a team of architects charged with ideating & implementing innovative technical solutions across all of CLEAR. You will be working cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams, providing leadership & advice, & helping teams grow in their functions. Additionally you will be a key partner to the Product Management teams in helping define product roadmaps with a focus on all things that make up a digital identity.
What You Will Do:
- Identify & build support for technical initiatives that address CLEARs most important needs.
- Define the technical vision & strategy that guide engineers across departments to solve CLEARs thorniest, most intractable technical problems.
- Consistently take steps to support the growth & success of both engineers & non-engineers across CLEAR.
- Evaluate new software components & practices & influence teams to use them
- Reviewing architecture documents, working engineering teams to make the right decisions from design through implementation.
- You will be both hands-on & strategic
- Learn new tools & languages & share them with the development teams & when necessary build new tools & practices to help development teams move faster.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of professional software development experience, focusing on building scalable infrastructure software with distributed systems.
- 7+ years of experience contributing to the architecture & design (architecture, design patterns, reliability & scaling) of new & current systems
- Experience with Java, Go, C++ or related technology
- Experience defining system architectures & exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience developing software services designed for scalability, performance & reliability.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) with concentration in Distributed ML or modern High-Performance Computing
- Prior experience with collection, storage & validation of biometrics and/or identity standards