At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Regional teams are responsible for managing the growth & business economics of their regions. The team is responsible for developing & managing a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct & continuously improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
As an Associate on the Northeast region team, you will:
- Be the partner expert for your geographies. Be audible ready on the network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms (e.g. exclusivity), regulatory mandates, etc & how our partner dynamics impact our overall growth, profitability, & risk in each market
- Help analyze qualitative & quantitative data to support the build & execution of initiatives & opportunities to improve the growth, profitability, & risks of your partners, your market, & the overall region (e.g expansion opportunities, harvest strategies, utilization management, unit cost dilution, OON management, etc)
- Ability to own the end to end contracting process for small to midsize provider groups & basic amendments with larger partners
- Partner with internal teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams to drive results for key Oscar initiatives
- Own the face-off-strategy relationships with health system & provider partners, be accountable for managing the relationship, optimizing the contract / partnership, & serve as the point of escalation for Provider Services escalations that impact our P&L responsibilities
- Expected Travel: 30%
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- A bachelors degree
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience in a healthcare contract negotiations
- Cross-team collaboration skills to drive a wide range of large initiatives across many stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes & workflows while prioritizing high value tasks
- Independent, structured & critical thinking skills
- Eagerness to build towards operational efficiency, even if that means changing the status quo. Qualitative & quantitative operational data & reports
- ACA marketplace, healthcare industry, quality of care, & population health experience a plus
In this role, you will make a big (positive) difference if you:
- Are excited by the challenges of a constantly evolving, high-growth start-up that will require you to build the tools & processes you need to do your job well
- Enjoy managing complex processes & are comfortable with shifting priorities & deadlines
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have a strong sense of urgency & ownership, a bias for action, & thrive in fast paced environments
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills, & enjoy the opportunity to present to internal & external leadership
- Have experience interfacing with technical teamsA high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office & Google Suite, & Slack
- Have a passion to refactor healthcare
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.