Meet CarGurusthe #1 most visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
About the Role
At CarGurus we use data, not hunches, to inform decisions. Product Analysts play a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. We love to collaborate, were excited by a challenge, & we believe that ownership enables us to grow.
We are looking for thoughtful, fearlessly curious candidates who can dive into complex data & draw insightful conclusions. As a member of a growing team, you will have opportunities for outsized positive impact through a high level of autonomy. Youll work cross-functionally with many departments & stakeholders, & gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience & backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices & perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring to the table, we look forward to learning from each other.
What Youll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. website usage, dealer behavior patterns & customer insights) to understand the performance of existing products & identify opportunities for new product offerings
- Partner with the product, engineering, marketing, sales, & finance departments to grow our business, including recommending & advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products & experiments; build reports & dashboards to monitor & understand them
- Communicate & present data analysis, visualizations, & insights to key stakeholders
- Be a voice & advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
- Mentor data analysts on technical & professional development
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL & Python/R, or other scripting language
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Knowledge of BI & reporting tools, or demonstrated ability in learning new tool
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to adopt new data-driven approaches & achieve shared business goals
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.