Founded in 2017, Unqork is the industry pioneer enterprise no-code application platform that helps large companies build, deploy, & manage complex applications without writing a single line of code.
Organizations including Liberty Mutual, Goldman Sachs, New York City, & Maimonides Medical Center are using Unqorks drag-and-drop interface to build enterprise applications faster, with higher quality, & lower costs than conventional approaches. In October 2020, Unqork Announced $207 Million in Series C Funding, raising company valuation to $2 Billion.
We are looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer / DevOps Engineer who will focus on automation & optimization of the platform's development management lifecycle.
- Participate as a stakeholder in planning the product roadmap, sprint planning, standups
- Practice sustainable incident response & blameless postmortems.
- Automate & keep our services running while improving them to achieve high availability, resiliency, scalability, security & cost optimisation.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability & velocity.
- Build tools to deploy, monitor & maintain our highly available, mission critical cloud infrastructure, defining everything as code. This includes pipelines, templates & scripting in different languages.
- Develop & maintain software release & deployment processes/tools/infrastructure (CI/CD)
- Streamline & enhance the day-to-day operational workflows of critical applications & services in 24x7x365 environments located in AWS & Azure clouds.
- Work closely with our engineering teams across the group to understand their services & needs & help them achieve the best results in delivering them.
- Evangelise best practices, for security, automation, scalability, high availability & resilience across the group & help our engineers implement them.
- Write useful documentation in your own projects
- Add to our amazing company culture that you can uncover here
Who you are:
- You are resourceful, open-minded, & enjoy solving complicated problems
- You pay attention to the details, but can just as easily distill the concepts into the bigger picture
- You have experience designing & executing your vision to completion
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, are diligent & self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn & excel in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience in designing, building, optimizing, & maintaining infrastructure on a large scale.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed team.
- Experience with understanding networking & modern web services architectures
- Knowledge of best practices & IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
- We dont expect you to know everything: attitude & willingness to learn are the keys ;-)
What were looking for:
- Advanced Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python, Go, or Bash.
- Extensive experience architecting services within cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience implementing observability (monitoring, APM, & logging tooling).
- Experience with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Nomad in production.
- Experience with automation & configuration management using i.e. Ansible. Ansible Tower or AWX is a plus.
- Experience in security auditing & best practices
- Experience building infrastructure via software (the team uses mostly terraform).
- Experience building & managing CI/CD tools & pipelines.
- Strong communication.
- Technology startup experience
- DevSecOps or Security Engineering experience
- MongoDB experience preferred, fluent in multiple DBMSes.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, & proud to be committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.