At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
If you would like to join an energetic & highly motivated team & work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact & make a difference every single day then join us & become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
As a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician at our Edmonton Location, you will support the practice of maintaining the highest level of food safety & quality in our products & help define the direction of the industry. We are looking for FSQA tech to join us during this period working from our Edmonton Distribution Centre.
About the Role:
We are looking for a full-time Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician at our Edmonton Distribution Centres. You will report to the FSQA Manager & will be responsible for performing production quality checks.
What you'll do:
- Be involved in quality control activities in all aspects of the HelloFresh operation which include but are not limited to inbounding, on-line packing, portioning & outbound
- Communicate with the FSQA Team, Procurement & Production in case of product quality non-conformance
- Perform root cause analyses surrounding non-conformances & process deviations to determine what corrective action should be taken within the limits of standard practices
- Responsible for compilation & maintenance of inspection reports & records (ex. GMP records, temp logs)
- Perform pre & post-operational sanitation reviews of the food processing environment & equipment, including swabbing
- Conduct environmental sampling & facility audits
- Maintain clear & concise communication with the Operations, Procurement & Logistics teams
- Deliver FSQA training to new & existing associates
- Support the FSQA Manager during third party and/or internal audits
- Uphold HelloFreshs protocol for achieving the highest level of food safety & quality assurance
Who you are:
- Post secondary education or equivalent in Biological or Food Sciences
- 1-2 years FSQA experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience working in GMP environment & familiar with HACCP principles
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial & local food safety regulations is an asset
- Entrepreneurial with the attitude of being hands-on & getting things done
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven & fast-paced environment
- Team player who is comfortable collaborating with other departments but also working independently
- Proactive, ambitious, & assertive: you take ownership of your work & should think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Comfortable working in a cold environment, standing & walking for duration of shift & able to lift up to 20 kgs
- Familiar with MS Office, Google Apps & comfortable learning new technology
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Flexible with working hours for business requirements, including early morning, late night & weekend shifts
- Strong passion for food is a must!
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive & the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- High level of responsibility from day one
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
- Working with a fun, ambitious & supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage