Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, & portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & make things feel like Mailchimp.
Were looking for a UX-focused content strategist, passionate about creating delightful user experiences with a solid understanding of design & editorial processes within mid-size to large organizations. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges & obsessing about how we communicate with our customers. Youre highly collaborative, comfortable writing copy for the in-app experience, & understand how to manage requests across a variety of teams & initiatives. If this sounds like you, & you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What youll do:
- Write clear & compelling in-app product copy across Mailchimp applications (web, iOS, Android)
- Work closely with designers, researchers, developers, & product managers to create simple & beautiful user experiences, including a consistent & cohesive brand voice
- Help evolve content design processes to facilitate the needs of the business
- Think strategically about how content scales across platforms & verticals & share that thinking with the UXCS & design teams
- Shape & scale voice & tone standards for product content & develop instincts for when, where, & how to employ brand voice
- Advise & coach designers, developers, & other cross-functional team members on copywriting techniques, as well as general writing style
- Lead UX activities & initiatives on cross-functional, design, & UXCS teams
- Develop content models, style guides, copy patterns, & information architecture
- Work with product managers & designers to develop feature positioning for early-stage products with data-informed insights
- Work with product marketing & technical content writers to align messaging across the user experience
- Develop accessible messaging & coordinate localization for different markets
- Advocate for UX content strategy across departments & help identify hiring needs
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Created app copy for web & mobile applications, including headlines, buttons, error messages, & instructional copy
- Contributed to UX & content strategy operations
- Worked with writers, content strategists, & other UX disciplines across departments to create consistent user experiences
- Worked closely with engineering & product management teams as part of the software development process
- Bonus points for accessibility & localization knowledge & experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.