Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our People Strategy team in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The People Strategy team ensures managers across the company are coached & held accountable to their strategic, operational, & people management responsibilities. The team also provides leaders with human capital expertise & partnership.
In this role, you will help leaders across the Platform team align their strategic outcomes to broader company objectives, ensure they have quality roadmaps to achieve those outcomes, & ultimately ensure they are delivering measurable business impact. Youll also get to know the functions operations so you can assess their effectiveness & ROI, as well as provide feedback & insight on the function (and the leaders) performance. Very importantly, youll partner with them to ensure they are coached, supported, & able to work through human capital processes such as performance management, employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation, training & development, diversity, benefits, etc.
Ultimately, this job is about problem solving: helping managers fix the issues in front of them, helping them spot problems they dont see, & guiding them to plan a clear road for the future. You'll be reporting to the Director, People Strategy.
- Be proactive & anticipate change, providing critical & timely input about consequences & implications of local law & best practices to all internal stakeholders
- Support & train managers to coach their team & take disciplinary actions if needed; counselling managers.
- Support a culture of trust, promoting open & honest communication. Train & coach managers & employees on best practices & adhering to company values.
- Work with cross-department stakeholders to ensure programming meets needs of the business.
- Work with managers to maintain efficient organizational structures by updating job requirements & job descriptions for all positions.
- Bachelors degree or commensurate experience
- 5+ years work experience in an HR/Generalist role
- Experience using principles, frameworks, & industry practices related to leadership & management, team performance, talent management, professional development, organizational design, workforce planning.
- Experience applying common HR policies, fair labor laws, employee relations protocol, total rewards programs, compensation structures, etc.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM)
- Consulting experience
- Workday experience
- Talent Acquisition/Recruiting experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.