At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Software Engineer - Performance at Appian you will help build the next generation of our core low-code application development platform & help tackle our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
- You have 6+ years experience building & delivering software applications
- Youre passionate about software performance, possess deep knowledge about the JVM & Linux kernel
- Youre passionate about identifying & building new tools & technologies to solve complex performance problems
- Youre a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough system problems
- You have experience in a CI/CD environment in AWS or continuous integration systems, like Jenkins
- You thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- You hold a BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code
How Youll Contribute:
- In a small scrum team you will develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering & IT
- Leverage a modern & diverse array of tools including Prometheus, Grafana, ElasticSearch, & Kubernetes to ensure that our platform is built with performance in mind, & that our customers applications are performant.
- Assist with customer performance issue investigations & remediation.
- Build custom performance tooling to assist with performance issues.
- Automate functional testing as well as testing for performance & security
- Respond to & resolve emergent problems; write software & build automation to prevent problem recurrence
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.