Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for aSoftware Engineerto join our engineering team in Cambridge, MA.If you are a self-motivated full stack engineer who thrives on building applications from the ground up, leveraging the latest technologies, using data to drive decisions, collaborating with other really smart people, & moving quickly, then you've found the right place.
As a Software Engineer at CarGurus, you will provide technical leadership in a fast-moving, data-driven environment. You will be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring & improving software. You will deploy code daily & use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software & analytics to consumers & dealers. You will own your projects & collaborate with fellow engineers & product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact.And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with latest technologies
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn search & / or related technologies like ElasticSearch
- Able to conceptualize, develop, test, & release product
- Drawn to & thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.