Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT PURPOSE CLIMATE LAB
The Purpose Climate Labs mission is to accelerate & build the ambition of just climate solutions around the globe. We support innovative climate campaigns & cultural interventions using an experimental approachembracing failure as an opportunity to learn & innovateand taking advantage of cutting-edge digital & communications strategies to achieve meaningful impact. Our work is rooted in our partnership with a wide variety of key stakeholders, ranging from local organizations, to businesses, to key influencers specific to the geographies we engage in.
We embrace the idea of movement generosity, delivering our support & strategic campaigning in the spirit of building local capacity, & operating under the brands most compelling to our partners & their stakeholders. We are committed to transparencysharing our information, learning & relationships with others who might use it. This series of case studies is part of our commitment to sharing what we do, in hopes of spreading best practices & innovation across our field.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role is fixed-term & reports to a Campaign Director. The position is based in Purposes London office but being based in other parts of the UK is possible.
As a Purpose Associate Campaigner, you will:
- Support the development of integrated grassroots campaign strategies (digital, grassroots, paid, earned, owned, partnerships, influencers etc.) that move people to action & change public narratives
- Play a supporting role in campaign execution, including developing campaign content (e.g., writing email & social media copy), executing offline tactics & stunts, running experiments (e.g., A/B email subject line tests), monitoring metrics, & sharing data-driven results
- Support campaign lead in developing approaches to engage new audiences on important issues through creative campaign concepts & content that optimized for participation & public engagement
- Support the development of campaign narratives & identify storytelling opportunities & channels
- Contribute to the development of campaign content in partnership with the Purpose creative team, including videos, graphics, & digital experiences
- Be part of a team that analyzes the issue landscape & identify opportunities for interventions for impact
- Contribute to campaigns from research & analysis to strategy to concept through to planning, execution & measurement, in partnership with creative
- Contribute to preparing for fundraising & partnership conversations
- Develop & present professional & high quality client-facing deliverables, such as strategy presentations with clear flow & focused recommendations, campaign plans outlining goals, audience, channels, partnerships, timeline etc.
This is what a day in the life of an Associate Campaigner looks like:
- You will be developing advocacy campaign strategies & tactics that shift narratives & move people to action
- You will be developing organizing strategies & tactics to build & engage communities of supporters in advocacy campaigns
- You will be developing communications & marketing plans to bring advocacy campaign messages & calls-to-action to target supporter audiences, both online & offline
- You will be producing advocacy campaign assets & tactics: from writing emails, mastering social media for good to organising a crazy stunt. Whatever it takes -- youll do it.
- You will be involved in the development of creative content including short viral films, website & digital experience & writing copy.
- You will be working in partnership with a diverse range of groups from grassroots activists, media & some of the worlds biggest institutions.
If these are things that get you out of the bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
- Thinking about how to make the world a better place.
- Asking who holds the power, & how to move people to action
- How to tell stories that stop the heart & move the mind
- The internet. What works on it, why & how you can create the next viral hit.
- Why are the things you care about not on the homepage of the New York Times & how you get them there
- Interest & some experience in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or creative campaigns
- Proven ability to deliver creative campaigns that move people to action
- Ability to work under pressure & tight deadlines, & stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Strong writing & communication skills
- Demonstrable strong analytical & strategic thinking & campaign planning skills
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture & a hierarchical team structure
- Youre a person of integrity, people enjoy working with you, & youre personally committed to progressive & humanitarian values
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of all ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.