Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Construction Project Manager who will report to the Director of Store Development. The CPM is responsible for vendor coordination & managing the construction process of assigned Casper retail store projects. The CPM must be able to work in a team environment & manage a large number of projects simultaneously, while interfacing & communicating with internal partners.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Manage retail construction for the Casper brick & mortar expansion
- Manage outsourced General Contractors as needed
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, organization, & ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with due diligence real estate assessments site viability, site specific cost & schedule implications, review lease exhibits & work letters
- Partner with real estate, store design, experience, retail, operations, & IT teams to develop layouts to meet business goals
- Review architectural, engineering, & vendor submittals construction document review, shop drawings review, review & approval of vendor proposals
- Follow permit expediting process to ensure permits are received in a timely manner
- Manage construction schedule including delivery of owner supplied items, manage progress to meet milestones
- Site visits to ensure quality of work & confirm progress toward completion
- Manage construction budgeting, bidding, & negotiating with vendors & general contractors, review change orders, request purchase orders & review invoices for payment
- Assist with construction project management of other special projects as needed
- Knowledge of millwork standards, details & construction
- Experience in working with lighting, MEP, & other project related consultants
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills, both written & oral
- Up to 50% travel
Our dream candidate is...
- A degree in architecture or construction management
- Minimum 5 years of experience with an internal brand team designing & building stores
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!