Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Analyst for Regulatory Reporting to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will support process design of our insurance operations & identify areas for improvement. You will help develop process improvements & organize support where needed.
You will report to the Associate Director of Insurance Operations.
- Build workflows & tools that increase efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Surface data, process, & technology issues through identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations
- Monitor & use data to independently drive & track business decisions
- Create workflow documentation, SOPs & policies
- Use internal tools & technical processes to complete database queries & dashboard creation
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, & technical tooling.
- Understand relevant policies & workflows
- Maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- 1+ years of work experience in health insurance, utilization management, or operations
- Proficiency in SQL or similar database language experience
- Experience supporting process / workflow building, operational improvement, or project management
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience in tech, healthcare, audit, or management consulting
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.