We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more & develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting & building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Developer Efficiency team is focused on putting the flow into workflow for Asana product engineers, & ensuring that we have fast, useful, & reliable tools for all parts of our edit-compile-test cycle. We architect solutions involving a set of complex & interrelated systems: builds & bundling, compilation speed, testing & debugging, continuous integration, git workflow, environment setup, & more. And the team needs a dedicated manager in order to grow!
What you'll achieve
- Manage & enable the growth of the talented engineers on the developer efficiency team
- Partner with the team to set a roadmap & vision for the ideal developer environment & workflow for Asana engineers
- Solve upcoming scalability problems related to our developer environment, build system, & continuous integration system
- Modernize our testing tooling, tighten iteration loops, & polish frequent cycles in the developer experience
- Recruit for & grow the Developer Efficiency team
- Define how the team evolves & interacts with the rest of Asana
- Work with other Asana NYC engineering leaders to guide & shape the culture & growth of the NYC office
- You are deeply passionate about the developer experience & excited by the impact your work has on every product engineer.
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- Can rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team through your rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity, & technical skills
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself & your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion such as design documentation & white-boarding sessions
- Kind & intellectually mature
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.