Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Accounting team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health & overall business activities. The team coordinates & directs all financial transactions in the accounting system as well as, supports company wide goals & initiatives relative to the financial needs of all departments. The accounting department assures that all transactions adhere to company policies & procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, & relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated & committed individual to join our accounting team as an Accountant. The Accountant will be responsible for cash & treasury management, month-end & year-end closing, financial information analysis, as well as, providing administrative supports. This individual will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, & attention to detail while working on numerous routine & ad hoc accounting support functions.
As an Accountant, you will:
- Be responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations & analysis of results.
- Support the accounting teams commitment to timely & accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley & internal controls.
- Be responsible for cash, investments, fixed assets, & various balance sheet & income statement accounts.
- Proactively identify issues & areas for improvement while helping to establish & maintain policies & procedures.
- Identify & implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Support the external audit of the companys annual financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules & responding to auditor questions & requests.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects & analyses as directed by management.
You will love this job if:
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently & as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You have strong analytical & problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing & executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have excellent written & interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively & build strong relationships across the organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience that demonstrates knowledge & application of GAAP accounting policies & practices.
- You have experience working with Intacct or similar financial management software.
- You have at minimum a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- You have a CPA certification, preferred.
- You have public accounting experience, preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.We are anE-Verifycompany.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities & will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email email@example.com with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.