Were looking for a temporary (part-time) Commerce Editor to join Thrillist within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Editorial team, youll report to the Editorial Director of Commerce. Youll help manage day-to-day workflow, develop & shape fresh commerce-oriented story ideas, & serve our audience fun, engaging, & serviceable stories.
The perfect candidate will have experience writing & editing commerce-oriented content, a familiarity with & curiosity about core Thrillist categories like food, drink, & travel, & the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment. You will also have experience navigating the ecosystem of affiliate networks, using data to interpret consumer habits & trends, & understand how best to optimize a storys format to maximize engagement & conversion.
What youll do:
- Youll work with a stable of staff writers & freelancers to develop fresh ideas, tap expert sources, curate roundups, & nail the Thrillist voice & tone
- Brainstorm, assign, & edit stories in a variety of formats
- Develop & maintain relationships with a trusted network of freelancers & category experts
- Collaborate with the art department to ensure every story is visually supported & packaged appropriately
Success will look like:
- This role requires exceptional organizational skills & masterful multi-tasking. Youll be expected to run point on projects that range in scope & subject matter on tight & changing timelines
- Staying on top of consumer trends & spending habits
- Using data & analytics to better understand our audience & inform content strategy
- Growing our network of freelancers & guest experts to add authority to everything we publish
- At least 3 years of experience in digital media, with experience writing and/or editing commerce content in the food, drink, lifestyle, or travel space; Bachelors degree preferred
- Exceptional writing, copyediting, & fact-checking skills
- Strong grasp of SEO best practices
- A genuine curiosity for most if not all of Thrillists core coverage categories (Food, Drink, Travel, Adventure, & beyond)
Thrillist is the #1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [source: Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020.] Thrillist serves as a guidebook for those that want new experiences & long to turn a good time into a great time. Our nonstop coverage of local culture inspires audiences to discover their world & celebrate every moment. In a serious world, we take fun seriously. In December 2016, Thrillist joined forces with NowThis, The Dodo, POPSUGAR & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.