We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to perform laboratory management duties, as well as help develop, test & validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Research Associate in the Technology Development team, you will work with our laboratory manager to maintain laboratory equipment as our laboratory scales.Moreover, you will collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development & clinical operations to perform NGS experiments. You will be hands-on in the lab, participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, & transfer assays to our clinical lab. You will participate in teams supporting the maintenance of IVD & LDT products & ensure all work is performed & documented in compliance with applicable regulatory & quality practices (FDA, ISO13485). An ideal candidate would have some level of knowledge with NGS assay development & good documentation practice (GDP).
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques, with preferred experience in the areas of sample preparation for NGS
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document & communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models & experimental tests for those models, & synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Curiosity & drive
Your background includes:
- BSc. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Willing to do manual, repetitive lab work is a must
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Knowledge of GDP
- Hands-on experience in running NGS sequencing platforms & assays
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.