Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing & retirement solutions for retail investors & investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small & medium-sized businesses. Our growing team of 400+ is passionate about our mission to make peoples lives better. Were headquartered in NYC, with hubs in Philadelphia & D.C, & offer in-office, hybrid, & remote working based on role & location.
About the Role:
After implementing our exciting rebrand last year, were looking for a conceptual visual thinker to help us continue to build the Betterment brand. Thats where you come in! Were looking for a Senior Brand Design Lead to work closely with our copy & content teams to deliver our brand story in compelling & thoughtfully designed ways. In this role, you will concept, design, & execute advertising-focused creative in a digital-first environment, considering the customer from the moment someone first discovers Betterment & on through the product experience. You will bring fluency & expertise through art direction to communicate ideas that inspire & inform our consumers. You will follow our brand guidelines, while also pioneering new visual ways for our brand to be expressed as we launch new products & campaigns, making sure to meet customers where they are on their journey to financial fulfillment.
We are looking to hire this role based in our NYC office location, where we offer hybrid working conditions.
A Day in the Life:
- Partner with your fellow members on the Creative Team to come up with ad concepts, scripts, social ideas
- Art direct the look & feel of our brand while creating an array of multi-platform assets for marketing purposes, with a focus on advertising creative
- Work closely with our Product & Marketing partners, including Strategy, Insights, Content & Production to ensure our campaigns delight at all customer touch points
- Collaborate across all business lines, including Retail & B2B, to ensure our brand story extends to every audience
- Champion & promote our brand & brand design systems
- Source & oversee contractors & agency partners as needed
- Come together regularly with a talented team of designers in weekly creative studios, providing one another feedback & perspective
- This is a full-time role
What Were Looking For:
- Your portfolio of exceptional advertising creative, inclusive of brand & systems design & experience establishing a brand platform
- Imagination in curating & assigning visuals (illustration, photography) with thoughtful impact.
- Passion for visual storytelling & the ability to tell complex stories with simplicity, curiosity, & a love of learning
- Ability to flex & shift gears comfortably when project needs change, bringing your partners along with you
- Confidence in your ability to clearly articulate your design decisions & comfortably (and enthusiastically) present work to cross-functional teams
- Empathy in providing honest feedback in a constructive manner & general supportiveness of your colleagues.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Asana, Google Workspace, Slack
Bonus points if you have:
- Read Ogilvy on Advertising
- A favorite trend on Tiktok
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self & make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, benefit packages that fit your needs (including infertility support & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits), a Self Care stipend of $600 per year to invest in your wellness however you see fit, as well as additional professional development funds.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability & sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.