At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active & growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal & we have launched facilities across Canada & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the Role:
We are looking for a detail-oriented, accountable, & process-driven Inbound Freight Coordinator to coordinate our weekly freight movement for the procurement team (ingredient & packaging). Responsibility will be given to you from day one, & you will be expected to use your initiative & creativity to help us grow our business across Canada. You will book & monitor freight movements from suppliers to our four distribution centres across Canada or third-party logistics providers. Responsibility will be given to you from day one to manage freight operations & report on spending to our leadership team.
- Forecast, book, & track freight requests for our procurement team, ensuring on-time delivery of ingredients.
- Continuously improve freight booking processes (booking, generating quotes, tracking delivery details)
- Track freight costs & report weekly spend, while actively seeking cost-saving opportunities through grounding shipments, negotiating freight rates, & minimizing waste
- Work collaboratively with the procurement team to problem solve issues in our supply chain & come up with a solution
- Measure performance of our couriers & identify opportunities to improve KPIs
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Data-driven with a strong analytical toolkit; you're an Excel wiz
- Highly organized & detail-oriented: you have well-honed strategies for never missing a deadline or overlooking a key detail, & are comfortable juggling multiple priorities at once
- Entrepreneurial with a get the job done mindset: you do whatever it takes to get the job done & enjoy being in the trenches
- Cool as a cucumber: youre comfortable working under tight, immovable deadlines & making key decisions under pressure
- Proactive, ambitious, & assertive: you take ownership of your work & should think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Naturally curious: you're innovative, extremely creative & constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.