Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
We are looking for a dynamic & experienced leader to lead our global Field & Event Marketing efforts. In this role, you will own the companys overall events strategy & goals, event production & logistics, budget management, vendor management, & promotional plans. These events include sponsored & company-hosted events both small & large. Your efforts will increase & strengthen our presence in the developer community.
- Define & own end-to-end event program planning, project management, & logistics from initial planning to post-event program follow-up of all in-person & virtual events
- Collaborate with the greater marketing team (demand gen, developer relations, partner marketing, etc) & sales team on crafting comprehensive events & sponsorship strategies that will drive awareness and, more importantly, pipeline
- Create a thoughtful & innovative approach to bringing marketing programs to local markets, partnering with the sales leadership team to deliver programs that accelerate deal velocity & increase deal size.
- Develop a unified event program calendar spanning multiple geographies & customer segments
- Create clear & specific goals for event marketing programs & conduct post-event evaluations & ROI analysis; reporting & sharing results & recommendations with revenue & marketing teams
In your first 45 days, you will assess the current state of event marketing programs & investment & identify where we should be in the next 2-4 quarters in order to meet our company objectives. We believe that it's also important for you to take the first month to become familiar with our technology & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new event opportunities for the team & will have put the pieces in place to create repeatable policies & procedures to increase the effectiveness & efficiency of the events process.
As our user base grows, you will also have the opportunity to grow the team to accommodate higher demands for support. We want people to have an excellent first impression of CockroachDB & that requires impactful events from you & the team.
- 8+ years of event management experience, ideally with a focus on B2B
- Deep expertise in event planning & sponsorships including budgeting, negotiation, event & travel logistics
- Demonstrated success owning the strategy, framework, development & execution for global, multichannel demand generation campaigns, targeting regional businesses.
- The ability to scale, manage & motivate high performing teams
- A data-driven mindset focused on setting & measuring KPIs & pipeline metrics
- Experience delivering, accelerating, & expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- Strong communication, negotiation, & budget management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- The ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment & run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.