Zola is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join the Tech team. This role will have full ownership of the infrastructure that supports one of the fastest growing startups in NYC. This role will tackle lots of technical challenges, such as information retrieval, image processing, application security & observability, & developing common libraries, tools, & frameworks to help engineers be more productive in building products. All while getting to work with smart, passionate people that love what they do.
Who you are
- Youre energetic, self-directed & self-motivated.
- You have a strong desire to learn & contribute ideas to the broader engineering team.
- Youre independent & comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous work environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge & experience in decision-making to arrive at creative solutions.
- Manage multiple tasks & use sound judgment when prioritizing tasks.
- Youre thorough in your approach to building software, considering corner cases, weighing risks & costs.
As a senior engineer on the Platform team, you will:
- Work closely with Product management, DevOps, Data, & Product engineering to define & deliver on roadmaps for projects that continuously improve our platform.
- Develop, maintain, evolve, & support shared services, frameworks, & libraries to empower multiple Product Engineering teams.
- Partner with Product Engineering to understand & improve our development process & tooling, such as build tools, application monitoring, & CI/CD.
- Improve the security of the platform by integrating with third-party security platforms & partnering with Product Engineering teams to fix vulnerabilities found.
- Write high quality, highly performant, maintainable code that sets an example for others to follow.
- Establish best practices & promote quality, security, observability, & maintainability throughout our codebase.
- 8+ years backend or API development, working with SOA.
- Strong experience designing & building internet-scale web applications..
- Strong experience with Java, relational databases (Postgres or MySQL), and MongoDB.
- Proficient with dependency management, concurrency, testing frameworks.
- Working knowledge of design patterns & best practices.
- Exceptional problem solving & debugging skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; able to convey technical concepts to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Experience with these are a plus:
- Python, Ruby, Bash
- event-driven architecture
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!