Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, & customer experience design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
We are looking for a VP of Design that will lead our marketing design teams. You should have extensive experience in experiential work & marketing activations. You will own all aspects of creative & creative operations including developing & managing creative strategies, professional development of the team, building & maintaining budgets, as well as maintaining relationships with cross functional stakeholders in product marketing, integrated marketing, partnerships & brand marketing.
You will mentor & inspire our marketing design team, encouraging a collaborative work environment, & challenging them to push Mailchimps design to the next level. You will work closely with other design leaders & together will be accountable for maintaining & evolving the quality of our design work. You will exercise judgment within defined procedures & practices to determine appropriate actions & development of your team. You should be skilled in creative strategy & productive brainstorming, creating inspiring ideas, pitches, experience in collaborating with mature marketing organizations & a great history of leading teams.
What youll do here:
- Lead a growing team of designers, design directors, & creative directors for marketing design
- Sets the bar for creative excellence from crafting the creative strategy (short & long term) to delivery of creative solutions thats on brand
- Lead creative development of integrated campaigns across various channels
- Provide creative leadership & oversight across various mediums including video, web, mobile, email, social, & print.
- Partners & collaborates with marketing to merge creative ideas & strategic thinking to help grow the business
- Provide guidance for the creative process managing both quality & velocity through cross functional teams
- Advocated for brand standards & brand harmony across touchpoints
- Passionate about our customers needs/insights driving the creative outcomes (strategically & tactically)
- Successfully managing team health from recruitment to retention of talent
- Partners with SVP design to build & maintain marketing design budgets
- Partners & liaisons with external agencies/contractors supporting strategy & creative output
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, & principles
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Approachable, collaborative, results-oriented, problem-solver who can lead & inspire with vision/direction, evaluating best practices & offering effective strategies & creative oversight
- Both strategic & creative mindset around marketing & brand design
- You have extensive experience in partnering & collaborating with internal cross functional marketing organizations
- You possess knowledge & experience around Scrum/Agile design & development process
- You are a leader in the design community with a strong design aesthetic
- You are a strong collaborator & relationship builder
- Your experience in design includes working with Marketing teams as your primary stakeholder
- BA/BS degree in design, design & research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.