Think you know Walmart? Think again.
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
Launch Your Career
Why work on a business when you can own it? Walmarts Retail Entrepreneur Acceleration Launchpad (REAL) is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for Category Specialists to own, manage, & scale an eCommerce category from day one, with the backing of the worlds largest retail company.
In REAL, youll:
- Become a retail category expert
- Develop stand-out business acumen
- Learn alongside industry trailblazers
- Experience unrivaled growth
- Lay the foundation for a go-anywhere, do-anything career
In a nutshell, your job will be combining your creative intuition, analytical skills, eye for trends, & passion for helping our customers to create the best shopping experience on the planet for one specific category (E.g. if you owned denim, you would be responsible for jeans, jackets everything, for our global marketplace!) Putting your interpersonal & persuasion skills to use, youll collaborate with vendors, marketing, product, & supply chain teams to make sure we sell what customers want.
Have an idea? Go for it. Youll have access to merchandising tools & technology to help test, validate, & bring your ideas to life on one of the worlds largest eCommerce platforms.
Were hiring in the San Francisco Bay / Silicon Valley & New York Metro areas, & accepting applications for future roles in the Boston Metro, Omaha Metro or Madison Heights, MI areas.
Dive in with best-in-class training
It all starts with our immersive 12-week training program, where youll be trained in all required skills, tools, & systems to own your category with confidence. Youll be mentored by experienced leaders & industry experts who will advise & help you succeed. Plus, youll be part of a top-of-the-class cohort, growing & learning alongside peers with whom youll network & share ideas.
then crush the day-to-day.
Thrive at the center of Walmarts eCommerce Retail organization, equipped with the know-how you need to grow your category & deliver an incredible shopping experience. Your world will revolve around these 6 Its:
- Have It:Provide the best assortment of products for our customers. Manage & monitor onboarding & item setup process to make sure products are available & ready to sell.
- Find It:Ensure customers can easily browse & find the products they want. Improve the navigation experience (browse/search) by managing & enhancing product attributes & taxonomy.
- Display It:Attract customers through compelling messaging & visual merchandising. Manage item & category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, & basic & enhanced content.
- Price It:Optimize item & category pricing & providing competitive pricing for our customers. Manage product margins & benchmark competitors.
- Deliver It:Work cross-functionally to ensure customers receive their products quickly & efficiently. Create a cohesive experience between online shopping & the physical product.
- Optimize It:Rinse & repeat. Conduct regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends & improvement opportunities. Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product & supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
Hear it from current Category Specialists.
- Any bachelors degree with a strong academic background.
- Direct category management experience is not required just a founders mentality & bias toward action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your business & polish the customer experience.
- Strong communication & team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization.
- Negotiation & persuasion skills.
- Ability to learn quickly; absorbing information & experiences & applying them.
- Previous internship or work experience is preferred.
Travel as needed. Immigration sponsorship will not be available forthis position at this time.