Job Title: Buyer II
Based at: Menlo Park, CA
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Buyer II works within a regulated quality system environment to execute purchases of materials & services for the organization to ensure spend is within approved budgets, meet corporate targets for cost reduction, timely deliverables, & adhere to accounting compliance guidelines. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, work cross-functionally across multiple teams, & have strong interpersonal skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare & place RFQs, check requisitions, obtain & evaluate resulting quotations, place orders, & ensure timely delivery for various departments such as Sales & Marketing.
- Manage the implementation of new suppliers, ensuring all requirements have been met for the Approved Supplier List (when applicable).
- Develop & enhance relationships with strategic supplier/partners.
- Work with G&A on invoicing, purchase orders & support Financial audits.
- Complete projects & tasks in an aggressive manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Generate purchase order requests, ensure spend is within budget, obtain approvals in accordance to company policies to support sourcing activities mainly for marketing & commercial but may support other departments as well.
- Engage & establish business partnerships with key stakeholders to strategically manage spend & ensure purchases are within approved budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring marketing & commercial vendor invoices are submitted to Accounts Payable timely.
- Ensure PO receipts are entered accurately & timely as goods & services are completed in the ERP system.
- Request new vendor adds/changes in the ERP system, obtain all required information from the vendor, & ensure we follow Quality Management Systems (QMS) procedures.
- Review & provide timely month-end open PO accruals, ensure accruals are accurate & supported for auditing purposes.
- Maintain accurate & complete procurement records, act as procurement subject matter expert in consulting with the business on procurement strategies, processes, policies, & best practices.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a fast pace/high-growth environment working in supply chain or a related field; medical device experience a plus
- High level of enthusiasm, personal, problem solver, team player with a positive attitude
- Strong analytical skills, superior attention to detail, appreciation for accuracy
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to effectively & comfortably work with all levels of management within the business.
Experience with one or more ERP systems required, experience with Sage Intacct & Sugar a plus
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Excel)
Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, decision making, analytical, oral & written communication skills required
Knowledge of financial accounting, & supplier management concepts
Results oriented, strong sense of ownership, & committed to achieving meaningful results
Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines in a cross-functional team environment
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.