Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- Weve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- Were #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is looking for a highly motivated Payroll & Benefits Analyst to join our Finance team. With rapid growth across the company, this person will have the opportunity to help execute one of our core financial operations. Sitting at the intersection of Finance & People Operations, this hires ownership of day to day payroll processing will help ensure the accuracy, efficiency & scalability of all payroll related workflows.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be the primary owner & administrator of all things related to payroll, including best practices, analysis, reconciliation, & diligent record keeping.
- Own & execute all matters related to payroll administration & reconciliation, such as payroll processing, taxes, & reporting.
- Work collaboratively with internal People Operations & Finance colleagues to continually improve data gathering, reporting, & recordkeeping processes.
- Serve as point of contact for our payroll vendor, liaising between them & internal stakeholders to resolve any payroll issues.
- Identify & own implementation of payroll technologies to facilitate scalability as the business grows.
- Build & maintain expert knowledge of wage legislation, industry standards, & best practices.
- Build & maintain employee confidence & trust by promptly responding to requests & effectively protecting privacy
- 2+ years of experience as a payroll & benefits specialist at a company of 150+ employees.
- Experience with Payroll, Benefits, HRIS (preferably Paylocity), & international payroll vendor management.
- Knowledge of & experience with state & federal labor laws, tax laws, & other regulations, such as COBRA, FMLA, & DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Able to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven & work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- High degree of discretion & ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
- Strong oral, verbal, & written communicator.
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees across all levels of experience & seniority.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.