We are seeking a Junior Client Analyst in New York to join our market-leading administrative team. You will join Kobalts Client Analysis team - a target-driven, data group that provides Kobalts clients with the most transparent & accurate reporting in the music industry. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented & comfortable working with big data & analyzing key trends. This position will work on a variety of projects to produce clear & concise reporting for internal & external contacts. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working with data & problem solving.
Kobalt is a music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishersandlabels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalts commitment to technology, transparency, & creators rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company & its clients. Today, Kobalts Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, & Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, & 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently over 600 people based across 13 offices & were expecting to grow. Thats where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today & tell us why you believe ina bettermusic industry & would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A JUNIOR CLIENT ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- Use SQL to query the Kobalt database & generate accurate, clean data
- Use Excel to produce ad-hoc analyses for internal & external contacts
- Analyze & present key trends clearly & concisely using Excel
- Provide support to overall team with audits & large client requests
- Assist in producing reporting for Kobalts clients & senior executives
- Manage high priority client requests timely & efficiently
- Provide ad hoc analytical support as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot & provide solutions when needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- 1-2+ years experience generating & analyzing data in a creative company/industry
- Knowledge of basic SQL required
- Strong numerical & analytical skills
- Ability to manipulate & scrutinize large sets of data & provide meaningful analysis
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity to confidential information & material
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced proficiency in Excel to analyze large datasets)
- Knowledge of foreign collection societies & music publishing on a global scale is ideal
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.