Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students & young alumni at over 1,000 colleges & universities including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, & more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity & ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job & kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, & who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds & are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop & retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that youre 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Were committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve & support.
User Experience Research at Handshake
Handshake believes user research is the foundation of product development & design. We are committed to delivering the right research upfront. Because of this commitment, Handshake is growing its user research team & function. We collaborate with every team across Handshakefrom product management to engineering; from sales to supportbecause incorporating insights leads to better outcomes. Companies are more successful when they have diverse teams, & we want our team to look like the future of our modern workforce. Were committed to growing a user experience research team that reflects the diversity of students we serve & support.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be the first Handshake UX researcher to support our Enterprise product. Handshake is hiring a Senior UX Researcher to lead research for employer & university facing products. Youll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, & delightful experiences for our Enterprise solutions. Youll explore user behaviors by conducting primary research such as surveys, qualitative interviews, usability studies, & analyzing existing data sets. Our researchers partner closely with designers, content strategist, product managers, data scientists, & engineers. Talent is distributed but opportunity is not. If you are looking to have a real impact on the next generation of the workforce, come join our growing team.
- Independently plan & lead research initiatives from beginning to end.
- Establish methodologies & best practices when conducting research across a diverse set of employers & career service administrators.
- Advocate for our customers by sharing research findings in written reports & presentations.
- Collaborate closely with product, data science, engineering, & other stakeholders to identify & prioritize research needs.
- Leverage both generative & evaluative research methodologies to understand the needs & motivations of employers.
- Screening, recruiting, & scheduling research participants.
- Note taking, analysis & organization of research data.
- Key member of a small, highly leveraged design team, & supportive of the organizations ability to engage directly with users.
- Conduct iterative research in conjunction with designers, product managers, & engineers.
- Experience with qualitative & quantitative data collection & analysis.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects/teams.
- Experience with surveys, diary studies, interviews, & usability studies.
- Excellent communication & organization
- University degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave & flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out & see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, & vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware & software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills & career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, & are committed to building a diverse & inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer & welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.