Build the Operations team to help Flexport grow!
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
Our Ocean Freight Operations, FCL Operations Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, & building out the future of Flexports ocean services. As an Ocean Freight Operations Associate, youll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexports growth goals.
Were looking for someone who is ready to support the New Way Forward in client-centric customer service. You will need to have a passion for ocean freight & the ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
Be an industry expert:
- You will need to bring a passion for client-centric, data-driven customer service anchored on a strong fundamental understanding of the ocean freight business
- You will need to stay up-to-date on all ocean freight industry news, market conditions, trends, & challenges
- Work within a Global Ocean Team to manage Carrier partnerships & handle exceptions efficiently
Be an operational leader:
- You will help ensure shipments moving on Flexport contracts move without issue
- You will assist with operational exceptions requiring carrier intervention
- You will collaborate with Ocean & Global Operations teams to create strategy & best practices for routing
- You can take action & appreciate the chaos--things go wrong in operations, be proactive & find solutions
Focus on strategy & development:
- You will take a data-focused approach in supporting Flexports operational teams & our decision-making processes
- You will create tools for internal use to build efficiency & share knowledge, both within the team & company
- You will collaborate with operations, sales, marketing, compliance, & other departments as needed for new projects
- Were still a young company with a lot to learn & build, need people who will be flexible, engaged, & ready to jump into something new
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- 1-3 years of experience in operations, customer service or, a supply-chain role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a non-structured environment
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of digital communication. You keep the inbox at zero & never leave a message unread!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.