As the 1stdibs marketplace continues to expand, its imperative that we maintain the integrity of our business: enter, Marketplace Trust. Working for the Marketplace Trust team allows for a chance to collaborate with external restorers, the 1stdibs art & design research team, external experts in art & design, & both buyers & sellers of luxury products on a daily frequency.
Our vision is to empower 1stdibs customer-facing teams to quickly & fairly resolve disputes related to on-platform transactions, balancing the core marketplace values, customer preference, respect for our dealers transaction policies, & while ensuring scalable/responsible practices that prevent 1stdibs from incurring undue financial loss.
This is a cross-disciplinary position that requires exceptional judgment, well-developed critical thinking & communication skills, & the ability to excel in ambiguous & quickly changing situations.
What youll do
- Review, respond to, & effectively negotiate customer disputes
- Serve as a point of escalation for front-line teams, including Support
- Interpret, & enforce 1stdibs policies for buyers, dealers, & internal 1stdibs teams
- Use exceptional judgement & intuition to mitigate financial & operational risk
- Develop & execute internal & external processes for responding to policy violations
- Contribute to the development of policies & features aimed at building marketplace trust for both buyers & dealers, directly impacting the success of 1stdibs
What youll bring
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Web savvy with strong analytical & research skills
- Exceptional judgment & critical thinking skills
- Can set priorities in ambiguous & rapidly changing situations
- Comfortable contributing to a collaborative team environment
Not a requirement, but a plus!
- Experience with luxury goods
- Experience and/or interest in risk management in e-commerce
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.