Graphic Design Contractor
To succeed at this job you need to have awesome design chops, know how to collaborate, & be able to take a project on your own & see it through from start to finish.
Youll be working with digital content teams, marketing, campaigns, business development, developers, & UX designers. Youll also be working on multiple projects at the same time, so attention to detail & ability to effectively manage competing timelines & prioritize is huge.
Specifically, youll work on:
- Graphic Design: Create purposeful & beautiful graphic design work that drives the DoSomething.org brand. This includes campaign assets, social media assets, banner ads, email assets, & more.
- Landing Page Design: Ability to create designs in various platforms using page builders such as Instapage & Squarespace.
- Brand Collateral: Manage the design & development of key brand collateral, like memo template, one-sheeters, letterhead, print assets, & pitch decks (presentations).
- UI Design: Contribute ideas to improve DoSomething.org's overall visual design & site UX.
- Photo/Video: work with the photo/video team in creating cross-platform content. This may include social videos & photos for Instagram, Instagram stories, Facebook, Twitter & Snapchat.
- Start Date: May 1, 2019
- End Date: Sept 4, 2019, with the possibility of extension
- Able to work, remotely & eventually in Flatiron office ~10-20 hours per week
- The contractor needs to be:
- on-brand in emails
- The contractor should be proficient with:
- You know your way around visual design software, especially Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign) & Sketch. You work well with grid + layout, but have no fear thinking outside the box. You know how to set up files for web & print, & you have a solid background in graphic design - talking fonts, hierarchy, color, & UI elements will take you far.
- Proficiency with Trello, Slack & GSuite a plus.
Please include a link to your portfolio site, Behance, or upload a PDF of your most recent work. Any applications without work samples will not be considered.
DoSomething is an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org & DoSomething Strategic (we, us) are committed to protecting & respecting your privacy. This policy explains when & why we collect personal information on candidates, & how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people & social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online & offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How & why we collect data from you.
- We collect & retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, & any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, & other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking & gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be recycled for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHRs systems in accordance with JazzHRs Terms of Service.