About the Role
SecurityScorecard is hiring a Director of Insurance Industry Market Development to grow our business within the Insurance community. In this role, your primary objective will be to generate net new business, & lead the market development for security adoption for all aspects of the Insurance Industry through targeted penetration of global & national insurance companies.
You will enable the design & implementation of transformational security risk scoring solutions for Insurance companies looking to increase visibility into their customers cyber security risk by incorporating SecurityScorecard into their risk determining architectures. You will manage a broad range of sales, technical, & management relationships within your targets & ensure that the SecurityScorecard field is mapped accordingly.
- You will be the industry & customer facing SME in the sector & work alongside sales, sales engineering, & product, internally & externally, with underwriters, brokers, claims & ecosystem technology partners focused around servicing the insurance industry
- You will engage in board-room level discussions of how our product can bring value to a carriers insurance business.
- You will embed SecurityScorecard technology in the clients go-to-market strategy, reference architectures, & solutions & services.
- You are current on industry news, the regulatory environment, & technology trends within the Insurance industry as well as have a deep understanding of the broader competitive landscape
- Previous experience working within global & national Insurance carriers
- Experience working with Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) a plus.
- Creative approach to the business to drive innovative GTM plans with key partners.
- Hunter mentality & ability to enthusiastically evangelize the SecurityScorecard vision & message
- Track record of exceeding quota; demonstrable knowledge of sales process
- Proven ability to communicate with client stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent presentation skills; strong verbal/oral communication.
- Willingness to travel
- Self-starter; prepares & follows up consistently with customers.
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, problem-solving skills.
- 10 years combined sales, security, & insurance experience
- Bachelors degree
SecurityScorecard's SaaS based platform enables enterprises to instantly rate & understand the security risk of companies, non-intrusively & from an outside-in perspective. We use an A-F rating scale. Companies with a C, D or F rating are 5 times more likely to be breached or face compliance penalties than companies with an A or B rating. Our platform is used by hundreds of customers for use-cases including self monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, & M&A.
Headquartered in New York City, we are funded by top investors like Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, NGP, Moodys, Intel, & others. Our vision is to create a new language for companies & their partners to communicate, understand, & improve each others security posture.
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.